Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Super Sons

Patrick Gleason's Cover for Superman (2016) #10
Patrick Gleason's Cover for
Superman (2016) #10
Visually, I really like what Patrick Gleason & crew have done with the current Robin, i.e. Damien, son of Batman.

I especially enjoy the current Super Sons team-up. These young lads and their attitudes crack me up.

Back in my day, the super sons were depicted as teenagers/young adults as this cover for the collection of World's Finest Comics featuring the pair illustrates.
Superman/Batman: Saga of the Super Sons (World's Finest Comics collection)
Superman/Batman:
Saga of the Super Sons






Below are some examples of Gleason's work with Damien and his partner in crime... fighting.

While depicted as younger than the super sons I'm used to, I have a "cutsie" streak in me that enjoys the exaggerated forms in some comics aimed at younger audiences.
Patrick Gleason's Robin Fighting Man-Bat
Patrick Gleason's Robin Fighting Man-Bat
Robin: Son of Batman (2015) #9
Robin: Son of Batman (2015) #9
Batman & Robin (2011) #38
Batman & Robin (2011) #38
Robin from Robin War (2015)
Robin from Robin War (2015)
Batman & Robin (2011) #5
From Superman (2016) #11
From Superman (2016) #11
Superman (2016) #11
Superman (2016) #11

No comments:

Post a Comment