Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jade Mere

Digital Archangel by Jade Mere
Digital Archangel by Jade Mere
(my title for this piece; apologies to Jade Mere)
One of the things I like best about Tumblr is being introduced to new art and artists through the various individuals I follow on the site.

For example, theartof
animation.tumblr.com often collects artists' original works and then posts a collage of the art while adding links to the artists and their works on various sites around the web. The result is a curated exhibition of some mighty talented art folks.

The post I ran across today features art by Jade Mere, an illustrator from the Pacific Northwest (brief bio here). I pulled the piece above from artofanimation's collection in part because I am currently bingeing on Supernatural with all of its angels & demons.

I also really like how the digital sequence overlayed on the figure's black wings and pants is the only color in the piece; the rest is grayscale. The figure's posture appears to be that of rest or mourning while the wings are positioned as if they are enfolding the figure in their protective shell. I think it is unclear whether the digital sequence is part of the comfort or part of what the figure is trying to escape.

Below is the original post with links to more of Jade Mere's art:

http://theartofanimation.tumblr.com/post/169420563433/jade-mere-httpjademeretumblrcom

No comments:

Post a Comment