Sunday, January 14, 2018

Miyama Hugin

Miyama Hugin's "Ai" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "Ai" from Her
Omoiomoutori Tumblr
I came to anime/manga late in life as my students introduced me to it in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I like the great diversity in the art forms and prefer a little color as opposed to straight up black & white versions.

One of Lyrafay's posts introduced me to Miyama Hugin's art on Tumblr.

What I like best about the pieces selected here is the sense of movement, particularly the sense of water flowing. I also like the integration of the humanoid form with shapes found in nature.
Miyama Hugin's "Big Tree" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "Big Tree"


I find her pieces generate/reflect a great deal of emotion as the titles of the pieces attempt to articulate.
Miyama Hugin's "Silence" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "Silence" 

Miyama Hugin's "Empty" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "Empty"



Miyama Hugin's "---" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "---"
(I think the "spikey" one captures the inarticulate, inconsolable nature of grief/anger.")

I have, of course, selected the examples that most speak to me; however, she has a large portfolio available online to check out.

Some of her Other Works.



Miyama Hugin's "Drop" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "Drop"
Miyama Hugin's "Bottle of Magic" from Her Omoiomoutori Tumblr
Miyama Hugin's "Bottle of Magic"

No comments:

Post a Comment