Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Neo-Punk Pumpkin Bear

Neo-Punk Redesign of Marvel's Daredevil by Rhoald Marcellius (thepumpkinbear)
Neo-Punk Daredevil by thepumpkinbear
I love trying to look up the people I encounter through Tumblr.

First, most of the blog names are great: kitchenwitchcraft, shankinzombie, superheroesincolor, & thepumpkinbear to name a few.

Plus sufficient bio data is rarely available on the site, so a Google search becomes necessary.

Usually, since I tend to follow artists or people who love art, I discover their similarly named Twitter, Instagram, and/or Deviant Art sites (though, sometimes the bio data found on them is minimal as well).

And I find I -- as an old fogie -- typically have to look up terms and cultural references used by the Tumblrs because I am that far out of the loop these days.

Case in point, thepumpkinbear's redesigns for some of Marvel's main characters in what thepumpkinbear denotes as a "neo-punk" style. I looked up neo-punk online and found little beyond the root words' definitions on the traditional dictionary sites: "new" + "punk."

The Urban Dictionary offers little better (in part because it seems very little consensus exists on a definition for the term). However, despite my lack of understanding as to what constitutes "neo-punk," I enjoyed thepumpkinbear's re-visioning of these Marvel characters embedded below.

http://thepumpkinbear.tumblr.com/post/164743699616/marvels-neopunk-did-this-for-fun-but-i

No comments:

Post a Comment