Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Action Comics #1001

Cover for Action Comics (1938) #1001
Action Comics (1938) #1001
Big numbers kinda scare me.

This fear dates back to a car-ride when I was little in which my folks talked about the great distances between galaxies in the front seat while I tried to imagine the enormity of the universe in the back seat next to my brothers.

Discovering the absolutely minuscule nature of my existence in relation to the time and space that make up the universe terrified me.

Talk about one's existential angst.
Mine started young.

Anywho, Action Comics has made it to one thousand issues. Not that I personally own all those issues, but the thought of trying to catch up on all those comics intimidates me.

Cover for Detective Comics (1937) #986
Detective Comics (1937) #986
And that's only the issues for one comic series! Detective Comics is soon to reach its own one thousandth issue.

Then there's all those Marvel Comics I own on DVDs (rough scanned PDFs of the issues, but of all the issues from the 1960s to 2005ish nonetheless): Fantastic Four, Avengers, X-Men, and more.

I'm not sure I'm gonna live long enough to read them all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment