Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I love Mikel Janin's Artwork

Justice League Dark (2011) #18 Cover by Mikel Janin
Justice League Dark (2011) #18 Cover
by Mikel Janin
I have been a huge fan of Mikel Janin's artwork since his stint on Justice League Dark. I would argue that his pencils are right up there with Ryan Sook's (who did many of the initial covers for the series and is another favorite of mine).

Of course, Ulises Arreola Palomera's color work must also receive credit for the interior art on these issues. They are absolutely gorgeous!
Interior Art on Justice League Dark (2011) #5 by Mikel Janin & Ulises Arreola Palomera)
Interior Art on Justice League Dark
(2011) #5 by Mikel Janin &
Ulises Arreola Palomera)








I was inspired to focus on Janin's art in this post because I ran across CBR's exclusive preview of Janin's cover and interior art (with June Chung's colors) for Batman (2016) #41 on fyeahbatcat's tumblr (via lyrafay) this morning (see below).

I could wax on and on and on about Janin's art, but I'll save that for his creator page (which I'll eventually add to this blog... someday).

http://lyrafay.tumblr.com/post/171073411937/fyeahbatcat-batman-41-preview-everyone-loves

No comments:

Post a Comment