Wednesday, May 4, 2016

This Blog's Purport... Part 2

Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 3 Cover
My brother, Dan, and I collected Neal Adams' Batman and Green Lantern/Green Arrow comics in the '70s. 

Green Lantern/Green Arrow #85 Cover











I focused on The New Teen Titans, X-Men, and The New Mutants during my high school years in the '80s... 
Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants Cover



The New Teen Titans (1980) #1 Cover











and I renewed my collecting in the mid-2000s with the major cross-over events for the Big Two (Marvel's House of M/Civil War and DC's 52/Countdown). 


52 Week One Cover




Civil War Front Line #1 Cover











And in between, there were HUGE gaps in my knowledge of comics (even the comics that I loved). 

Travels, Trolls, & Tropes janhaffley.blogspot.com
Travels, Trolls, & Tropes janhaffley.blogspot.com
As I was helping my mother start her own blog last year, I set this one up to practice on and become familiar with the interface, in part so I could be of more service to her.

But, as I debated and discerned a focus for this blog, an audacious plan began to take root.

I would fill in all the blank spaces in my personal comic history by reading -- and then writing reviews/commentaries -- on the electronic issues forming my current collection (from DC, Marvel, and Independent publishers like Image and Dark Horse) -- ALL in chronological order.

I know. Crazy, right?! That's, like, thousands of comics now.

Who the hell would want to read that?

But in my crazy-making adventure-planning, I decided I would need an accurate and complete reading order to see what pursuing this plan would actually entail.

Twelve. Months. Later,


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment