Monday, May 2, 2016

This Blog's Purport... Part 1


40 Years of X-MEN by Marvel DVD-ROM by GIT, Corp.
Being the unabashed nerd that I am, I had planned to dedicate this blog to all my nerdy interests, most especially comics.

However, my heady ambitions and my chronic ailments have colluded in delaying that mission somewhat as this is the first real post towards that end since this blog's inception.


Ah, well. So it goes.




I was quite the comic collector in my youth, but with the move to college and in an effort to be a "proper adult," I sold that physical collection for a paltry price (a decision I regret to this day).

PDF IconMany moons later I was able to resume my comic collecting with re-newed access to many of my old favorites in a new electronic form: the PDF (Portable Document Format).

Inside Cover for 40 Years of X-MEN by Marvel, DVD-ROM by GIT, Corp.
GIT (Graphic Imaging Technology), Corp put out a handful of DVD-ROMs collecting 40 years of various Marvel mags including all the majors: X-Men, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Avengers, and two of their universe-wide cross-over events: House of M and Civil War.
Opening Menu for CIVIL WAR Collection by Marvel, DVD-ROM by GIT, Corp.
Menus for CIVIL WAR by Marvel, DVD-ROM by GIT, Corp.


List of Comics in the CIVIL WAR Collection by Marvel, DVD-ROM by GIT, Corp.
That is one helluva boat-load of back issues in a few easily portable packages.

Covers for various DVD-ROM Collections of Marvel Comics by GIT, Corp.
Covers for various DVD-ROM Collections of Marvel Comics by GIT, Corp.





comiXology app logo
And then in 2011 the comiXology app came along making new issues (as well as old ones) available from a variety of publishers and in multiple electronic formats (.PDF, Guided View, .CBZ) online.

Needless to say, serving my addiction to comics has never been easier.

comiXology Library Page Screen Capture
Yet, despite my history as a collector, I have discovered that I am frightfully uniformed about comics outside of those I had read during my primary collecting years.


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment